[comp.protocols.appletalk] 32 bit clean CAPPs Editor

csr@ubvax.UB.Com (Chris Ranch) (03/30/90)

Developers:
	Our product, MacUWS (Terminal emulation, Telnet, FTP, scripting,
MacTCP), uses Symantec's CAPPs editor library.  Unfortunately, Symantec
discontinued CAPPs last year, and are not supporting it.  And it is quite
32-bit-dirty.  Of course, we would like to be System 7.0 compatible, and
A/UX compatible.
	The first solution that Symantec offered to us was to sell us
the source code for CAPPs for $5000, and let us fix the problem ourselves.
	Then they said that they might be able to find a customer who had
bought the source code and fixed it who would be willing to sell us the
fixed library.  But (strangely enough :-)) they were unable to find one.
	So, is there anyone out there who bought and fixed the CAPPs
source code, and would like to recoup a portion of the $5000 you spent plus
a reasonable fee for the 32 bit clean-up?  If so, please contact me via
this medium, or at (802) 658-9351.  Thanks.
					Larry Fisher
					Ungermann-Bass, Inc.
					larryf@ubvax.ub.com
	Also, if anyone has a 32-bit clean editor library that does fonts,
search/replace, etc, and are willing to sell it, or license it in some way,
please call us.

	Another contact is:

--
Chris Ranch
Ungermann-Bass, Inc

mxmora@unix.SRI.COM (Matt Mora) (03/30/90)

In article <28310@ubvax.UB.Com> csr@ubvax.UB.Com (Chris Ranch) writes:

>Developers:

>	Also, if anyone has a 32-bit clean editor library that does fonts,
>search/replace, etc, and are willing to sell it, or license it in some way,
>please call us.

Datapak software has two libraries that might do what you want. One is
Paragraph engine that is a TE replacement. The other is WP-Engine that is
a complete word processing library. The cost for the PE engine is a $500
licensing fee per product. Source code is also available for both.

Contack Pamela B. Smith @ (818) 905-6419
Tell her I told you about it. Maybe she will give me a discount when
I buy it. :-)

>	Another contact is:
>

>--
>Chris Ranch