[comp.protocols.appletalk] FoundProcset.?? in lwsrv ....??

eho@clarity.Princeton.EDU (Eric Ho) (05/30/90)

Suppose, one has multiple procset files under the ADicts/ directory for lwsrv.
How does lwsrv pick the right one ?

lwsrv/README said that "the Procset is recorded into a file called
FoundProcSet.<time>".  So, I've named all my prepfix'ed appledict's into
FoundProcSet.* under my ADicts/ directory.  I'm just curious as to what
heuristics lwsrv uses to pick the right file under ADicts/.

Any pointers/info appreciated.
--

Eric Ho
Princeton University

liam@cs.qmw.ac.uk (Paul Davison (postmaster)) (05/31/90)

In <EHO.90May29194911@word.Princeton.EDU> eho@clarity.Princeton.EDU (Eric Ho) writes:

>lwsrv/README said that "the Procset is recorded into a file called
>FoundProcSet.<time>".  So, I've named all my prepfix'ed appledict's into
>FoundProcSet.* under my ADicts/ directory.  I'm just curious as to what
>heuristics lwsrv uses to pick the right file under ADicts/.

The procset files all begin with a line of the form

    %%BeginProcSet: "(AppleDict md)" 66

These will be matched against a query from the machine sending
the print file (basically it asks for a named object and sends
the information about the appropriate reply).

The names are irrelevant, and you will make your life easier if
you give them appropriate names
--

William Roberts                 ARPA: liam@cs.qmw.ac.uk
Queen Mary & Westfield College  UUCP: liam@qmw-cs.UUCP