[comp.protocols.appletalk] tn3270 from a PC via Appletalk

pmgreen@GAMERA.CNS.SYR.EDU (Phil M. Green) (06/12/90)

Are there any packages that allow a PC on appletalk to connect
via tn3270 to a host?

Phil Green
Syracuse University

perl@PacBell.COM (Richard Perlman) (06/13/90)

In article <9006121609.AA13522@gamera.cns.syr.edu> pmgreen@GAMERA.CNS.SYR.EDU (Phil M. Green) writes:
>Are there any packages that allow a PC on appletalk to connect via tn3270 to a host?

Call Tri-Data Systems  (408) 746-2900, ask for Cheryl Marinaro.

They sell the Netway-1000 (~$3,500 16 users) and the Netway-2000
(~$10k - 64 users).  The Netway-1000 uses LocalTalk, the 2000
uses LocalTalk and (I think) EtherTalk.  Software is available
for MS-DOS, but requires the TOPS drivers (supports LocalTalk and
some EtherNet boards).  WARNING:  the MS-DOS software does not
appear to be compatible with any known MS-DOS TCP/IP
implementations.

BTW, the TOPS EtnerNet drivers are available from the TOPS BBS $0!!

--
   "The universe is not only queerer than we imagine,
    but it is queerer than we can imagine."  J.B.S. Haldane

 (Phil M. Green) writes:
 >Are there any packages that allow a PC on appletalk to connect
 >via tn3270 to a host?

  Call Tri-Data Systems  (408) 746-2900, ask for Cheryl Marinaro.

  They sell the Netway-1000 (~$3,500 16 users) and the Netway-2000
  (~$10k - 64 users).  The Netway-1000 uses LocalTalk, the 2000
  uses LocalTalk and (I think) EtherTalk.  Software is available
  for MS-DOS, but requires the TOPS drivers (supports LocalTalk and
  some EtherNet boards).  WARNING:  the MS-DOS software does not
  appear to be compatible with any known MS-DOS TCP/IP implementations.

  BTW, the TOPS EtnerNet drivers are available from the TOPS BBS $0
  !!