[comp.protocols.appletalk] CAP and client AUFS

woo@pioneer.arc.nasa.gov (Alex Woo RAC) (06/13/90)

Is there any implementation of the client side of Appleshare
that runs under CAP?

Our problem is that we would like to transfer documents created
on UNIX workstations to our secretary.  It would be nice
if our secretary would use the AUFS and pull the files out
of our directories, but it is would be easier if we could
just put the files into her folder on a Mac appleshare server.
Is there a client application available?  (We are running CAP
on a VAXStation 3200, IRIS4D/25 and NeXT.)

Please send replies directly.

Alex Woo, MS 227-2		|	woo@ames.arc.nasa.gov
NASA Ames Research Center	|	NASAMAIL	ACWOO
Moffett Field, CA 94035		|	{seismo,topaz,lll-crg,ucbvax}!
Phone: (415) 604-6010		|	ames!pioneer!woo
  {hplabs,hao,att,decwrl,allegra,tektronix,menlo70}!ames!pioneer!woo

hobson@madness.rutgers.edu (Kevin Hobson) (06/17/90)

In article <51537@ames.arc.nasa.gov> woo@pioneer.arc.nasa.gov (Alex Woo RAC) writes:

> Is there any implementation of the client side of Appleshare
> that runs under CAP?
>
> Our problem is that we would like to transfer documents created
> on UNIX workstations to our secretary.  It would be nice
> if our secretary would use the AUFS and pull the files out
> of our directories, but it is would be easier if we could
> just put the files into her folder on a Mac appleshare server.
> Is there a client application available?  (We are running CAP
> on a VAXStation 3200, IRIS4D/25 and NeXT.)

	Well, the secretary can use AUFS and pull the files out of
your directories using .afpvols making sure that your file and
directory permissions are correct for her to read the files.
	I heard the that the Interactive Presentation Technology (I
think this is name) and Sun's TOPS division has client application
available. I also hear some bad reports concerning Interactive's
product.
	Good luck.
--
Kevin Hobson				Internet: hobson@rutgers.edu
Rutgers - The State University		UUCP: {backbone}!rutgers!hobson