[comp.protocols.appletalk] Cap and SunOS 4.0.3

J.Holley@massey.ac.nz (John Holley) (07/12/90)

At the moment we are finding our Sun which acts as our Cap server is
going down once a day. What I would like to know is if this could be
due to some behaviour of Cap? (I seem to remember something being
posted a while ago but I forgot to save it :-( )

Thanx.

John A. Holley                  | J.Holley@massey.ac.nz         : Internet
School of Information Sciences  | J.Holley@nz.ac.massey         : Janet
Massey University               | +64 63 505611                 : Fax
Palmerston North                | +64 63 69099 ext 8616         : Vox
New Zealand                     |  Disclaimer : Sorry! My brain hurts!

wcc@cup.portal.com (wcc - usa) (07/14/90)

John A. Holley writes:

> At the moment we are finding our Sun which acts as our Cap server is
> going down once a day. What I would like to know is if this could be
> due to some behaviour of Cap? (I seem to remember something being
> posted a while ago but I forgot to save it :-( )

And does the Sun rise again in the morning :-). Sorry.

Aufs is an Application, so you would hope only to get Core Dumps if
something went wrong (and the OS was bulletproof).

Is the Sun setting with a "Panic" or what? There was a posting on the
subject of the OS version, CAP accessing NFS volumes and the lock
daemon not working (aufs got stuck in a lock). The solution given (from
memory) was to bug Sun for a new lockd or a patch tape or something.
I'll post it if it is still here (I can't get there from here).

Tom Evans
wcc@cup.portal.com
Webster Computer Corporation
Suite J, 2109 O'Toole Ave. San Jose, California 95131-1303
Ph (408) 954-8054  FAX (408) 954-1832