[comp.protocols.appletalk] Help with responder

JS05STAF@MIAMIU.BITNET (Joe Simpson) (07/31/90)

About a week ago I mentioned that I could not get Responder to register
on my localtalk network.  I received several reply that suggested either
use Responder 1.1.1 - or - that responder was working correctly.

As it happens I was using responder 1.1.1 and cannot get it to regester any
Mac IIcx on the network (as proven by the interpol warning dialog if interpol)
is run on one of these machines.  We are runing system 6.0.5

I've tried moving responder to the front of the init load sequence without
success.  Has anyone else had this problem?  More suggestions?

Thanks

eggplant@walt.cc.utexas.edu (johan van Zanten) (07/31/90)

In article <90211.171512JS05STAF@MIAMIU.BITNET> JS05STAF@MIAMIU.BITNET (Joe Simpson) writes:
>As it happens I was using responder 1.1.1 and cannot get it to regester any
>Mac IIcx on the network (as proven by the interpol warning dialog if interpol)
>is run on one of these machines.  We are runing system 6.0.5
>
>I've tried moving responder to the front of the init load sequence without
>success.  Has anyone else had this problem?  More suggestions?
>
>Thanks

	I know this is a pain to check, but what other INITs are you running?
We have a IIcx running Moire 3.02, SuperClock 3.9, SunDesk, Responder 1.1.1,
LaunchBreak 1.02, and a few others i'm forgetting.  (And System 6.0.5)
	I haven't ever seen it have any problems with responder.

			johan
	Johan van Zanten 	"sigh..."
(eggplant@walt.cc.utexas.edu)

casper@fwi.uva.nl (Casper H.S. Dik) (07/31/90)

JS05STAF@MIAMIU.BITNET (Joe Simpson) writes:

>As it happens I was using responder 1.1.1 and cannot get it to regester any
>Mac IIcx on the network (as proven by the interpol warning dialog if interpol)

That dialog proves nothing. It simply means that Interpol doesn't recognize
AppleTalktype 'Macintosh IIcx' as a Macintosh.

What version of Interpol are you using?

Look with Interpol if you can find the Mac IIcx from other Macs.
--
Casper H.S. Dik				VCP/HIP: +31205922022
University of Amsterdam     |		casper@fwi.uva.nl