[comp.protocols.appletalk] KIP/CAP to Phase 2

CLAUSS1@applelink.apple.com (Clauss, Chris) (08/13/90)

steveg@umd5.umd.edu (Steve Green) writes:

> Actually, someone has ported CAP to AUX.  That is, stuck the native ddp under
> cap.  Viola, phase 2 cap.

Hi Steve,

    Yes, I have heard about the CAP for A/UX modifications that you mentioned
but I am after something a bit different.  I would like to be able to tie
AppleTalk internets together via an existing TCP/IP connection.  The CAP for
A/UX that you mentioned does NOT use DDP (AppleTalk) in UDP (TCP/IP)
encapsulation.  It instead uses normal EtherTalk (AppleTalk over Ethernet) and
therefor does not help us send AppleTalk traffic over the Internet.

> You probably know that Apple has bought the rights to CAP and hired Charlie
> Kim so one can only wonder...

    Yes, I have heard about Charlie Kim and CAP being grabbed up by Apple but I
have heard no word about what it all means for the future of CAP.  As you say,
one can only wonder.

    Take care
    CCC

    I speak only for myself!