   From:  usc!samsung!emory!km@ucsd.edu  (Ken Mandelberg)
   Subject:  Disk Duplication by Appletalk?

   Anyone know of an existing program to duplicate a hard disk on one Mac
   exactly on another Mac using Appletalk? I'm talking about a block by
   block copy of identical hard disks, not file by file copying.

   The idea is to make it easy to load a lab of identical machines
   from a master hard disk. There is no copy protection or licensing
   issue involved.
   --
   Ken Mandelberg

--- end of post ---

I believe Dale Talcott's "revRdist" does just what you want.  It was (and
hopefully still is) available anonymous FTP from j.cc.purdue.edu (128.210.9.2).

Mike Moya
Engineering Computer Network
Purdue University