[comp.protocols.appletalk] Appletalk for MS-DOS and Unix

kevin@cmi.com (Kevin Hegg) (08/30/90)

I am trying to find a list of MS-DOS and Unix vendors that have licensed
Appletalk from Apple.  I am interested in the products they are selling,
but mostly I am looking for someone who is selling Appletalk libraries so
that I can port our applications to MS-DOS.

Kevin Hegg, EDS Corp - Center for Machine Intelligence
2001 Commonwealth Blvd., Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105
Phone:   (313) 995-0900  Internet: kevin@cmi.com    Applelink: D5990

scout@pacvax.UUCP (Peter Coppola) (09/12/90)

In article <4133@etsu.CMI.COM> kevin@cmi.com (Kevin Hegg) writes:
> I am trying to find a list of MS-DOS and Unix vendors that have licensed
> Appletalk from Apple.  I am interested in the products they are selling,
> but mostly I am looking for someone who is selling Appletalk libraries
so
> that I can port our applications to MS-DOS.

We sell AppleTalk technology including a stack, router, file server and
print server.  We have licensed UNIX versions of our technology to a few
vendors including Data General for the AViiON line.

Also, we licensed an OS/2 version to 3Com for their 3+Open product.
Recently we licensed some code to a router manufacturer.

I don't know of anyone who has an MSDOS version available and I only know
of one company, Novell, that licensed Apple's UNIX stack.  If you are
interested in either a UNIX or OS/2 version you can contact me directly.

Peter Coppola
Pacer Software, Inc.
1900 W. Park Dr., Suite 280, Westborough, MA 01581
(508) 898-3300
AppleLink: PACER
Usenet: ...!pacvax!pcoppola