[comp.protocols.appletalk] Localtalk Card for IBM PS2

haase@meevax.meediv.lanl.gov (HAASE_PETER_K) (09/19/90)

Can anyone tell me if there is a Localtalk board available for the
IBM PS-2 (mc buss) and if Appleshare PC will work with same.
      Peter K. Haase				haase@meediv.lanl.gov
			(505) 667-2684
                Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL)

bmug@garnet.berkeley.edu (BMUG) (09/19/90)

In article <63312@lanl.gov> haase@meevax.meediv.lanl.gov writes:
>Can anyone tell me if there is a Localtalk board available for the
>IBM PS-2 (mc buss)...

DayStar Digital makes one...

>and if Appleshare PC will work with same.

...and according to someone who has actually tried it, it does (even
under Windows 3.0!).

John Heckendorn
                                                             /\
BMUG                      ARPA: bmug@garnet.berkeley.EDU    A__A
1442A Walnut St., #62     BITNET: bmug@ucbgarne             |()|
Berkeley, CA  94709       Phone: (415) 549-2684             |  |

shoemake@Apple.COM (Mike Shoemaker) (09/20/90)

bmug@garnet.berkeley.edu (BMUG) writes:

>In article <63312@lanl.gov> haase@meevax.meediv.lanl.gov writes:
>>Can anyone tell me if there is a Localtalk board available for the
>>IBM PS-2 (mc buss)...

>DayStar Digital makes one...

>>and if Appleshare PC will work with same.

>...and according to someone who has actually tried it, it does (even
>under Windows 3.0!).

>John Heckendorn
>                                                             /\
>BMUG                      ARPA: bmug@garnet.berkeley.EDU    A__A
>1442A Walnut St., #62     BITNET: bmug@ucbgarne             |()|
>Berkeley, CA  94709       Phone: (415) 549-2684             |  |

...according to someone who wrote the DayStar driver for AppleShare PC
(namely me), they most certainly do work together.

APDA has a software kit for writing your own drivers for AppleShare PC.
It's called something like the 'ODI Developers Guide'  I used it as the
basis for the DayStar driver.

Mike Shoemaker
Network Connectivity Development
Apple Computer, Inc.