[comp.protocols.appletalk] Solved my problem with UAB/DECStation2100's/ULTRIX3.1

rob@iti.org (Rob Burrowes ) (10/03/90)

Earlier I posted a request for help with a problem I had installing UAB/CAP
on a decstaion 2100 running ultrix 3.1. UAB was dying with a core dump
when any reference was made to the local zone.

I FORGOT TO #DEFINE BYTESWAP. I added the following to netat/abnbp.h
--- netat/abnbp.h     Tue Oct  2 10:30:51 1990
***************
*** 63,68 ****
--- 63,73 ----
  /* following would be really simple if we could use #if, but vms */
  /* c doesn't like and hopefully someday... */
  #ifndef BYTESWAPPED
+ #ifdef ultrix
+ # ifdef mips
+ #  define BYTESWAPPED
+ # endif
+ # endif
  # ifdef vax
  #  define BYTESWAPPED
  # endif

And a similar addition to lib/afp/afpcmd.c
--- lib/afp/afpcmd.c    Tue Oct  2 12:21:49 1990
***************
*** 30,35 ****
--- 30,40 ----
  /* following would be really simple if we could use #if, but vms */
  /* c doesn't like and hopefully someday... */
  #ifndef BYTESWAPPED
+ #ifdef ultrix
+ # ifdef mips
+ #  define BYTESWAPPED
+ # endif
+ # endif
  # ifdef vax
  /* This should be defined if you are byte swapped. */
  #  define BYTESWAPPED

Rob Burrowes                   rob@cs.aukuni.ac.nz.
System Admin

tih@barsoom.nhh.no (Tom Ivar Helbekkmo) (10/04/90)

rob@iti.org (Rob Burrowes ) writes:

>Earlier I posted a request for help with a problem I had installing UAB/CAP
>on a decstaion 2100 running ultrix 3.1. UAB was dying with a core dump
>when any reference was made to the local zone.

...and goes on to explain how he fixed it.  I'm sorry about posting this
request to the net, but mail to Rob fails.  I've got the same HW/OS
configuration, and would like to run UAB/CAP -- and what I want to know,
of course, is where to get hold of the sources that Rob successfully
built the system from.  Any help would be appreciated, although I guess
an answer from Rob himself would do the trick!  :-)

-tih
--
Tom Ivar Helbekkmo, NHH, Bergen, Norway.  Telephone: +47-5-959205
tih@barsoom.nhh.no, thelbekk@norunit.bitnet, edb_tom@debet.nhh.no