[comp.protocols.appletalk] dumper problem

eclement@aragorn.inria.fr (Eric Clement) (10/28/90)

We are already running UAB+AUFS with no problems.

Last week I odwnloaded macdump.tar.Z from icarus.riacs.edu. On the macdump
side, every thing goes fine, but the macrestore program is version 2.0beta and
is not compatible with the macrestore deamon for the unix box in the archive.
When i try to restore a file, the macrestore deamon start sending the messsage
"Bad-Opcode".

The dates of the files in the archive are May 5 89 for restore.bin Oct 25 88
for macrestore.c

I have take a look in program and ran it under dbx, the restore program on
the mac realy send an opcode untreated by the macrestore deamon.

Someone gave me a 1.0 release of the restore program for the mac and then
every thing works fine except that with this release restoring a folder is
impossible.

Questions :

- Are people from riacs.edu advertise of this problem ?

- Where else can i get and up to date version of the macdump package ?

Thanks for help.

johan@dutnak2.tudelft.nl (Johan de Haas) (10/31/90)

In <8907@mirsa.inria.fr> eclement@aragorn.inria.fr (Eric Clement) writes:

>We are already running UAB+AUFS with no problems.

>Last week I odwnloaded macdump.tar.Z from icarus.riacs.edu. On the macdump
>side, every thing goes fine, but the macrestore program is version 2.0beta and
>is not compatible with the macrestore deamon for the unix box in the archive.
>When i try to restore a file, the macrestore deamon start sending the messsage
>"Bad-Opcode".

>- Where else can i get and up to date version of the macdump package ?

I would also like to know if there is a new release available.

Johan de Haas     tel. +31 15 785188   E-mail: johan@dutnak2.tudelft.nl
Lab. of Seismics & Acoustics             Delft University of Technology
P.O Box 5046, 2600 GA Delft, The Netherlands