[comp.protocols.appletalk] LPD for the Mac?

lefty@TWG.COM (11/10/90)

>I guess this is THE lpd everyone likes and that can be FTPed from some place.
>What I am looking for is one that would operate as a background process
>under MacTCP and print via the Mac print spooler on Appletalk Laserwriter.
>Or any functionally equivalent solution.
>Or a MacIntosh oriented TCP/IP mailing list as a better place to ask.
>I have connected Appletalk to Ethernet with the (excellent) PCROUTE.

As a part of our NFS client for the Macintosh, we include an LPR daemon for
the Macintosh which does pretty much exactly what you describe.  It
operates as a "background-only" application and spools incoming text or
PostScript files for later printing.

Hope this helps!

--
David N. Schlesinger                    |     "When I have nothing to say,
Sr. Software Engineer                   |         my lips are sealed.