[comp.protocols.appletalk] Shiva NetModem & NetSerial

jfmjfm@ruddles.sprl.umich.edu (John Mansfield) (11/14/90)

In article <2318@sparko.gwu.edu>, fc156111@seas.gwu.edu (Timothy A. Waire Jr.) writes:

> My organization is considering purchasing a NetModem and NetSerial for our
> existing AppleTalk network.
>
> Our network consist of three zones: two LocalTalk and one EtherTalk.  We would
> like to here from anyone that uses these products.  Yeas and Nays are welcome.
> The NetSerial is to be used to drive an Abaton InterFax for the purpose of
> sharing the Fax.
I would be sure that the NetModem will see all the zones. I bought one
early on and it does not see zones.  When asked about this (admittedly a year
after purchase) Shiva would send me a ROM upgrade for $50 which I refused as
I thought the damn thing should have worked right from the start.
 Result? my modem is only good for one zone
Works fine tho'