[comp.protocols.appletalk] Need ADSP info

Jahnke@brahms.biosci.arizona.edu (Jerome Jahnke) (01/04/91)

Hello,

Can anyone point me in to the proper direction where I can learn how
use the ADSP protocol? I have checked in IM, the indicies of IM (it
is 2 years old though). Is there a place that tells me how to load the
driver and what calls I can make to it?

Thanks

Jer,
----
Jerome Jahnke
Univeristy of Arizona
Dept. of Molecular and Cellular Biology
jahnke@brahms.biosci.arizona.edu (602) 621-3820

shoemake@Apple.COM (Mike Shoemaker) (01/05/91)

Jahnke@brahms.biosci.arizona.edu (Jerome Jahnke) writes:

>Hello,

>Can anyone point me in to the proper direction where I can learn how
>use the ADSP protocol? I have checked in IM, the indicies of IM (it
>is 2 years old though). Is there a place that tells me how to load the
>driver and what calls I can make to it?

>Thanks

>Jer,
>----
>Jerome Jahnke
>Univeristy of Arizona
>Dept. of Molecular and Cellular Biology
>jahnke@brahms.biosci.arizona.edu (602) 621-3820

APDA has a brand new version of the document that describes the ADSP
interfaces called 'AppleTalk Data Stream Protocol Driver Interface
Command Reference' (Whew!).  It has APDA part number C0007LL/C. (Those
are three zeros, not Ohs in the part number.) The package also has a
diskette with the ADSP init, version 1.5.1, and MPW header files (C,
Pascal, and Asm)

Inside Mac volume VI also has a complete description, but it has only been
released in beta form to developers.  I assume it will not be generally
available until System 7.

Mike Shoemaker