[comp.protocols.appletalk] MacDump with rucap and /dev/enet

vturner@nmsu.EDU (Vaughan Turner) (01/15/91)

The distribution of macdump I have is beyond old (I don't even know where
it came from), and does not seem to work with the /dev/enet enhancement
we got with rutgers cap.

Is there an ftp site for macdump?  Has anyone modified it to work with the
/dev/enet cap additions?

Please respond, or I'll be bouncing packets off a Gatorbox again!

It looks like macdump is unhappy with the format of the /etc/atalk.local
file (it had to be changed to work with /dev/enet), and I don't know how to
fix it.

Please respond, or I'll be bouncing packets off a Gatorbox again!

Thanks again,

Vaughan
--
                     VaughAn Turner     Internet: vturner@nmsu.edu
     Networking/Workstation Support     Box 30001, Dept. 3AT

     Home Address: 1115 Larry Drive     Las Cruces, New Mexico 88001-5457

"...the first rule of engineering [is] to work with Earth's natural forces,
never against them."
                                                     "Earth"  by David Brin

hobson@elbereth.rutgers.edu (Kevin Hobson) (01/15/91)

In article <VTURNER.91Jan14091214@wilma.nmsu.EDU> vturner@nmsu.EDU (Vaughan Turner) writes:

> The distribution of macdump I have is beyond old (I don't even know where
> it came from), and does not seem to work with the /dev/enet enhancement
> we got with rutgers cap.
>
> Is there an ftp site for macdump?  Has anyone modified it to work with the
> /dev/enet cap additions?

We have the modified version of macdump that works with /dev/enet. I
will forward your request to appropriate person so it can be added to
anonymous ftp where rutgers cap is (rutgers.rutgers.edu or
athos.rutgers.edu). Hopefully it will be up by the end of this week.
--
Kevin Hobson				Internet: hobson@rutgers.edu
Rutgers - The State University		UUCP: {backbone}!rutgers!hobson