[comp.protocols.appletalk] POSTSCRIPT PRINTER DEFINITION FILES

steve@antares.anu.oz.au (Steven Ball) (01/18/91)

CCEWCH@NUSVM.BITNET writes:

>Have anybody out there have heard of 'Postscript Printer Definition' file
>. It is mentioned in one of the 3com printer server manual. It says that
>each postscript printer should comes with this file so that the printer
>can support this printer base on the definition in there.
>
>Right now, it supports laserwriter II NTX v47.0. I am using a TI micro-
>laser which emulate a laserwriter II NTX v53.x. So, I can get it to work.
>When I check with the supplier of the printer, they do not know what
>I meant. I have a  copy of those PPD files, if any one can read postscript
>I can send you to inspect.
>
>Can somebody help ? Thanks in advance.

Perhaps the manual means the *.PRD files that MS Word, etc, use?  For Word
you need POST.PRD.

--
Steven Ball, Department of Computer Science, ANU
E-mail: steve@anucsd.anu.edu.au		Ph. (06) 2495147