[comp.protocols.appletalk] MacX Keyboard Mapping

powers@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu (01/23/91)

I have been using MacX along with the DEC Windows Example file that comes with
PathWorks.  I've gotten everything to work except the keyboard mapping stuff.
There are routines to map the keyboard inscriptioanlly or positionally, but
I can't seem to make them run.  Has anybody had any luck with these ?

			Mark Powers
			Academic Computer Service
			Miami University

gary@muvms3.bitnet (gary's news) (01/25/91)

In article <3451.279c95ba@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu>, powers@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu writes:
> I have been using MacX along with the DEC Windows Example file that comes with
> PathWorks.  I've gotten everything to work except the keyboard mapping stuff.
> There are routines to map the keyboard inscriptioanlly or positionally, but
> I can't seem to make them run.  Has anybody had any luck with these ?
>

> 			Mark Powers
> 			Academic Computer Service
> 			Miami University

Mark,

        We have had MacX working for several months and are using the keyboard
mapping with no problems.  You can invoke it thru your login.com file or
invoke it by a .com file when you are in a Decterm session.

I use the following .com file for DecNet:

$ SET DISPLAY/CREATE/NODE=MUMC01/TRANSPORT=DECnet
$ MSAX$MODMAP :== $SYS$SYSTEM:MSAX$MODMAP
$ MSAX$MODMAP MSA$EXAMPLES:MSAX$POSITIONAL_EXTENDED_KEYBOARD.DAT

It works fine.  send me a message if you have further questions or problems.

I have also run a similar .com file under ADSP, but ADSP is much slower and
not as stable as MacX under DecNet.

Gary
                                                                                *
* Gary Weis                                                                   *
* Marshall Univeristy                                                         *
* Computer Center                                                             *
* Huntington, West Virginia 25755                                             *
* Bitnet address is gary@muvms3.bitnet                                        *
* Internet address is GARY@marshall.wvnet.edu                                 *