[comp.protocols.appletalk] Atalkad for Sun 4

msmith@crc.ac.uk (Mike Smith x3297) (01/30/91)

At our site we have been running two FP-4s quite happily for a year now.
We are running atalkad on a Sun 3 but we would like to run it on a Sun 4.
Can anyone recommend which version of atalkad I need and what patches I
need to make it run on a Sun 4?

Thanks in advance.

Mike Smith
--
Computing Services                              Janet:      m.smith@uk.ac.crc
Clinical Research Centre,                       Usenet:     m.smith@mrccrc.uucp

kre@cs.mu.OZ.AU (Robert Elz) (01/31/91)

msmith@crc.ac.uk (Mike Smith x3297) writes:

>Can anyone recommend which version of atalkad I need and what patches I
>need to make it run on a Sun 4?

You can get mac/atalkad.1.24.shar.Z from munnari.oz.au (128.250.1.21)
(or get someone to do it for you, or there may be a shadow archive
somewhere in the UK already) which runs just fine on Sun 4's.

Make sure you read the README file included in that compressed shar archive.

A newer version which works around some stupidities in later versions
of SunOS (ie: 4.1 and beyond) will be available in the same directory
(but with a newer file name, probably atalkad.1.25.shar.Z) in a few
days.

kre