[comp.protocols.appletalk] Impact of NetBunny on network?

bschmidt@bnr.ca (Ben Schmidt (BNR)) (02/16/91)

What does NetBunny do?  And more to the point, as a network administrator
should I be concerned about it being on Macs connected to our network?
It's showing up in several NBP lookups I've seen recently.

Ben Schmidt     Bell-Northern Research, Ltd.   Ph: (613) 763-3906
Information     P.O. Box 3511, Station C       FAX:(613) 763-3283
Technology      Ottawa Canada K1Y 4H7          bschmidt@bnr.ca

paisley@mte.ncsu.edu (Mike Paisley) (02/16/91)

In article <1991Feb15.184505.20893@bwdls61.bnr.ca> bschmidt@bnr.ca (Ben Schmidt
(BNR)) writes:
>What does NetBunny do?  And more to the point, as a network administrator
>should I be concerned about it being on Macs connected to our network?
>It's showing up in several NBP lookups I've seen recently.
>
>Ben Schmidt     Bell-Northern Research, Ltd.   Ph: (613) 763-3906
>Information     P.O. Box 3511, Station C       FAX:(613) 763-3283
>Technology      Ottawa Canada K1Y 4H7          bschmidt@bnr.ca

NetBunny is an INIT that has the Energizer Bunny passing through the screen of
each person on the net that is running the INIT.  There is an associated
application that is used to get things started.  I don't know about the network
impact of the beastie, because we don't have it here.  As a matter of fact, the
Eveready people were upset about it, and the author has pulled distribution of
it.  But apparently it made it to the Apple Developer's CD, so there are plenty
of copies floating around.

Mike Paisley
paisley@ccvr1.cc.ncsu.edu