[comp.protocols.appletalk] BYU/NCSA Telnet

snodwt@vms.sas.com ("1909 Tilley, David W.") (02/15/91)

I keep hearing about "the BYU version" of NCSA Telnet for Macintosh...
Can someone tell me what the differences are between the BYU version and
the NCSA version. Also, WHERE can I find the BYU version???

					Mucho thank-yous,
							-Dave Tilley
							 Macintosh Support guy
							 SAS Institute Inc.
							 dave@vms.sas.com

derosa@motcid.UUCP (John DeRosa) (02/19/91)

snodwt@vms.sas.com ("1909 Tilley, David W.") writes:

>I keep hearing about "the BYU version" of NCSA Telnet for Macintosh...
>Can someone tell me what the differences are between the BYU version and
>the NCSA version. Also, WHERE can I find the BYU version???

The BYU versions of TelNet support host FTP, that is, instead of
TelNet'ing to a distant host and then FTP'ing back, you can
directly ftp to the distant host (ftp server).  You still
need an account on the distant host, except for anonymous
log ins.

There are two versions, MacTCP and non-MacTCP.  I believe
that the versions are 2.3.2 and 2.3.1 respectively.

I don't know where you can get them, I usually get mine from
friends and co-workers.  I believe that you can telnet to
byu.edu.  That may be a start.
.
--
=       John DeRosa, Motorola, Inc, Cellular Infrastructure Group          =
= e-mail:    ...uunet!motcid!derosaj, motcid!derosaj@uunet.uu.net          =