[comp.protocols.appletalk] Atalk Phase 2 and CAP

winborne@physics.unc.edu (George Winborne) (02/28/91)

We are running RU-CAP2 with an FP4 with K-STar 8.0 using UDP
encapsulation.  We want to really go to Phase2 ATALK.  I know about
the KSTAR transition software but that really won't do since it
only gives you a crippled Phase2 network.  I also know RU-CAP has an
Ethernet interface but it is only Phase1.
Does anyone have any experience with this?  Does anyone know if CAP
will be upgraded to Phase2 or have another elegant solution?

George Winborne
Dept. of Physics & Astronomy
University Of North Carolina - Chapel Hill
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3255

hobson@madness.rutgers.edu (Kevin Hobson) (03/05/91)

winborne@physics.unc.edu (George Winborne) writes:

>We are running RU-CAP2 with an FP4 with K-STar 8.0 using UDP
>encapsulation.  We want to really go to Phase2 ATALK.  I know about
>the KSTAR transition software but that really won't do since it
>only gives you a crippled Phase2 network.  I also know RU-CAP has an
>Ethernet interface but it is only Phase1.
>Does anyone have any experience with this?  Does anyone know if CAP
>will be upgraded to Phase2 or have another elegant solution?

Until one of us university gets sometime (too many projects not enough
people) to study the exact specifications for Appletalk Phase 2
(Inside Appletalk does not really get into it), Phase 2 is on hold at
the moment. Sorry but if someone else wants to write the interface,
they are welcome to it.

--
Kevin Hobson				Internet: hobson@rutgers.edu
Rutgers - The State University		UUCP: {backbone}!rutgers!hobson