[comp.protocols.appletalk] CAP availability?

thidemah@infonode.ingr.com (Hank Thidemann) (03/01/91)

Could someone please supply a synopsis of the current status of CAP. I
have CAP Distribution 5.00, of May 1988.  Before investing the time to
get it going, I need to determine whether what I have is reasonably
current.  If not, where can I get the current version?  I would also
like information on any and all variants of CAP.  I have seen
references to RU-CAP2 (Rutgers ?)

In particular I will be concentrating on the 'pap' server code.  I
would appreciate any pointers from people who have implemented spoolers.

-- Alan Hayes @ Optronics (508)250-8659 (posted by a friend)

--
 USENET: ...uunet!ingr!optron!hft!hank *OR* ...uunet!hank@hft.optron.ingr.com
 USPS: Optronics, an Intergraph Division, 7 Stuart Road, Chelmsford, MA 01824

hobson@madness.rutgers.edu (Kevin Hobson) (03/05/91)

thidemah@infonode.ingr.com (Hank Thidemann) writes:

>Could someone please supply a synopsis of the current status of CAP. I
>have CAP Distribution 5.00, of May 1988.  Before investing the time to
>get it going, I need to determine whether what I have is reasonably
>current.  If not, where can I get the current version?  I would also
>like information on any and all variants of CAP.  I have seen
>references to RU-CAP2 (Rutgers ?)

RU-CAP2 is newer (better...) version of CAP distribution 5.0. It has
some of the bug fixes from around the network and enhancements like
EtherTalk Phase 1 for the Sun. This is the newest version, at this
present time. Hopefully, Appletalk Phase 2 will be added in the near
future.

>In particular I will be concentrating on the 'pap' server code.  I
>would appreciate any pointers from people who have implemented spoolers.

The code has had bug fixes since 1988.

>-- Alan Hayes @ Optronics (508)250-8659 (posted by a friend)

--
Kevin Hobson				Internet: hobson@rutgers.edu
Rutgers - The State University		UUCP: {backbone}!rutgers!hobson