[comp.protocols.appletalk] Printing from DOS/Windows

SOLOMON@MIS.ARIZONA.EDU (Monty Solomon) (03/13/91)

I want to print from PCs running DOS/Windows and 3+Open to LaserWriters
that are on LocalTalk/EtherTalk via AppleShare Print Server.

Is there any way to do this?  Anyone have any similar experiences?

Thanks.

clay@claris.com (Clay A. Maeckel) (03/14/91)

SOLOMON@MIS.ARIZONA.EDU (Monty Solomon) writes:
>I want to print from PCs running DOS/Windows and 3+Open to LaserWriters
>that are on LocalTalk/EtherTalk via AppleShare Print Server.

Wait till 3+Open for Mac version 1.2 gets released. It will be able to despool
3+Open print queues to Postscript printers connected to an AppleTalk network.

--
 Clay Maeckel         *   UUCP: {ames,apple,portal,sun,voder}!claris!clay
 (I know nothing!)    *   Internet:  clay@claris.com  *  GEnie: C.MAECKEL

mherman@alias.com (Michael Herman) (03/20/91)

SOLOMON@MIS.ARIZONA.EDU (Monty Solomon) writes:
>I want to print from PCs running DOS/Windows and 3+Open to LaserWriters
>that are on LocalTalk/EtherTalk via AppleShare Print Server.

AppleShare PC 2.0 will work with LocalTalk or EtherTalk cards.  You can
access network printers as well as mount AppleShare file server volumes
as local DOS drive letters.