[comp.protocols.appletalk] aufs signals

alanlevy@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Alan Levy) (04/06/91)

I was wondering if anyone here could help me.

I am running aufs and I can't get it to terminate.
I don't know how to send the SIGHUP or SIGTERM signals to the parent process.
What I try is:
	aufs SIGHUP or aufs SIGTERM

all this ends up doing is creating another CAP server volume.

How can I kill a aufs process?

Alan Levy
alevy@uiuc.edu

alanlevy@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Alan Levy) (04/08/91)

I would like to thank everyone who responded to my question regarding
killing a aufs process...

The responses told me to find out the pid of the aufs process and "kill" it

I got kill -9 pid - which will work (but just stops the process cold)
      kill -TERM pid
      kill -HUP pid

Thanks again

Alan Levy
alevy@uiuc.edu

makmur@paul.rutgers.edu (Hanz Makmur) (04/08/91)

In article <1991Apr5.235203.5133@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> alanlevy@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Alan Levy) writes:

> I was wondering if anyone here could help me.
> How can I kill a aufs process?
>
> Alan Levy
> alevy@uiuc.edu

The way I would do it normally is:
1. save the atis data base file using the command:atis dump
   this will save atis database file to /tmp/nis.db
2. then edit the /tmp/nis.db and remove the entry for the aufs
3. then do: atis reload. This will reload atis entry back without the
   aufs entry
4. look for the process id using: ps -ax |grep aufs
5. kill -9 pid1 pid2 ...

this should do what you want without killing atis,lwsrv and other
cap process.

Have fun

Hanz Makmur
Rutgers University