[comp.protocols.appletalk] Liason and MacTCP

vossj@topaz.ucq.edu.au (04/07/91)

I've currently got three MAC's on localtalk connected to the ethernet via a
MAC running Liason, Everything seems to work fine. What I'd like to do
is provide these users with MacTCP and Mac/IP, but I don't seem to be able
to get it to work. When I try and Telnet to a host it responds with
"cannot find host".

On the same ethernet I've got a Multigate which can perform IPGATEWAY
services. Can't I use this to perform the gateway function?

Has anyone done this?  What have I missed?

John

 John Voss,                        InfoPSI:         J.Voss@ucq.edu.au
 Computing Services,               Internet:        J.Voss@ucq.edu.au
 University College of Central Queensland,    Phone: +61 79 369804
 Rockhampton, QLD. 4702                         Fax: +61 79 361361
 Australia.                                   [DTE 050527372000077]

tom@wcc.oz.au (Tom Evans) (04/11/91)

In article <1991Apr7.235435.7002@topaz.ucq.edu.au>, vossj@topaz.ucq.edu.au writes:
> I've currently got three MAC's on localtalk connected to the ethernet via a
> MAC running Liason, Everything seems to work fine. What I'd like to do
> is provide these users with MacTCP and Mac/IP, ... doesn't work...
> On the same ethernet I've got a Multigate which can perform IPGATEWAY
> services. Can't I use this to perform the gateway function?

Yes, easy. Configure the MultiPort Gateway to allocate MacIP addresses
on its EtherTalk port, then select this zone in MacTCP.

Call me tomorrow for details, or send email.
Tom Evans  tom@wcc.oz.au ** ADD ".au" MANUALLY (don't trust "reply") **
Webster Computer Corp P/L, 1270 Ferntree Gully Rd Scoresby, Melbourne 3179
Victoria, Australia 61-3-764-1100  FAX ...764-1179  A.C.N. 004 818 455