[comp.protocols.appletalk] Application to mon

72510.553@compuserve.com (Richard Ford) (04/06/91)

>Does anyone know of an application that will let you monitor a Mac on ethernet
>by its ethernet address (preferably shareware)??

Both EtherPeek and NetMinder Ethernet will grab packets from all nodes off an
ethernet.  Etherpeek is by the AG Group, I believe their address is
ag.group@applelink.apple.com, NetMinder is by Neon Software, their address is
d5969@applelink.apple.com.

Both are commercial products and have served me well as a "poor man's sniffer".

-Richard

joseph@rutgers.rutgers.edu (Seymour Joseph) (04/12/91)

In article <"910406024250.72510.553.EHE57-3"@CompuServe.COM>
72510.553@compuserve.com (Richard Ford) writes:
>>Does anyone know of an application that will let you monitor a Mac on
ethernet
>>by its ethernet address (preferably shareware)??
>
>Both EtherPeek and NetMinder Ethernet will grab packets from all nodes off an
>ethernet.  Etherpeek is by the AG Group, I believe their address is
>ag.group@applelink.apple.com, NetMinder is by Neon Software, their address is
>d5969@applelink.apple.com.
>
>Both are commercial products and have served me well as a "poor man's
sniffer".

>-Richard

Also available is a non-supported, piece of software distributed by Cayman
called "watch"  it is buggy but it does work and is the best I have been able
to find for free.  It can be downloaded via FTP from ftp.cayman.com

Seymour Joseph