[comp.protocols.appletalk] CAP 6.0 with A/UX 2.0 and native appletalk

Verner Holleland (04/13/91)

Is it possible for someone to make an installation note (like Rakesh Patel did
for Sun) for CAP 6.0 on A/UX 2.0 using native appletalk ?

djh@cs.mu.oz.au (David Hornsby) (04/14/91)

In article <1991Apr13.123057.5717@lilje.uib.no>, Verner Holleland writes:
> Is it possible for someone to make an installation note ...
> for CAP 6.0 on A/UX 2.0 using native appletalk ?

These are the known problems for CAP 6.0 using A/UX 2.0, a final official
patch is waiting on trials with A/UX 2.01, and somewhat better access to
an A/UX box. My thanks to John O'Neill, Apple Computer Australia.

1) In cap60/Configure, change

        labobj="define([lapobj],[abauxddp.o abauxnbp.o])"
into    lapobj="define([lapobj],[abauxddp.o abauxnbp.o])"

and, for the moment, change

        ifelse(os,[aux], [define([sysvinstall],[yes])],
into    ifelse(os,[notaux], [define([sysvinstall],[yes])],

2) There are a couple of problems with index() and include file ordering
in the files cap60/contrib/{lwrename,printqueue}.c. Nothing serious here.

3) The programs snitch, atis and atistest won't compile, the latter two
aren't used at all with the Native AppleTalk support. Snitch needs minor
changes to make it work, details later.

Since CAP is using Native AppleTalk, there is virtually no setup required,
just run the programs that you want to use. If you need more details,
please send email.

 - David.