[comp.protocols.appletalk] New XferIt Mac FTP Client Available

sfalken@mondo.engin.umich.edu (Steve Falkenburg) (04/25/91)

XferIt 1.3, my Macintosh FTP client, has just been released.  For those not
familiar with it, it's FTP with a graphical user interface.

This new version adds scripting capability, along with the ability to
send and retrieve entire directory trees.

XferIt is shareware.  A single-user license is $10, for one AppleTalk
zone is $45, and for an AppleTalk internet site license costs $175.
Details, including a pseudo-license agreement are included in the
archive.

-steve falkenburg
 Cyberite Systems
 sfalken@mondo.engin.umich.edu

sfalken@mondo.engin.umich.edu (Steve Falkenburg) (04/25/91)

> XferIt 1.3, my Macintosh FTP client, has just been released.  For those not
> familiar with it, it's FTP with a graphical user interface.
>
> This new version adds scripting capability, along with the ability to
> send and retrieve entire directory trees.
>
> XferIt is shareware.  A single-user license is $10, for one AppleTalk
> zone is $45, and for an AppleTalk internet site license costs $175.
> Details, including a pseudo-license agreement are included in the
> archive.
>
> -steve falkenburg
>  Cyberite Systems
>  sfalken@mondo.engin.umich.edu

Oh, and XferIt 1.3 is available by anonymous ftp from mondo.engin.umich.edu
(141.212.68.14) and is located in /pub/XferIt.sea.hqx

bernard@cs.colorado.edu (Bernie Bernstein) (04/26/91)

In article <1991Apr24.231416.16415@engin.umich.edu>, sfalken@mondo.engin.umich.edu (Steve Falkenburg) writes:

> > XferIt 1.3, my Macintosh FTP client, has just been released.  For those not
> > familiar with it, it's FTP with a graphical user interface.
> >
> > -steve falkenburg
> Oh, and XferIt 1.3 is available by anonymous ftp from mondo.engin.umich.edu
> (141.212.68.14) and is located in /pub/XferIt.sea.hqx

I had a problem at first using this version of the program under 7.0 but
Steve solved it.  Most people have MacTCP in the System Folder ROOT with
an alias to it in Control Panels.  That is because the programs (Eudora, etc)
search for the TCP file in the System Folder.  Newer programs (XferIt 1.3)
search for MacTCP in the Control Panels folder (if running 7.0).

If you have MacTCP in the System Folder with an alias in Control Panels,
the XferIt 1.3 will fail to find MacTCP.  So you should put MacTCP in
the System Folder AND in Control Panels (not an alias) so MacTCP will
work with all programs that search in either place for it.

Eventually, all programs will work with MacTCP in just the Control Panels
folder (maybe).  So we are now in the changover process where we need to
accommodate programs that work either way until they are all recompiled
using the newer libraries.

      o,  ,,   ,      | Bernie Bernstein                      | ,    ,,
      L>O/  \,/ \    ,| University of Colorado at boulder     |/ \,,/  \
     O./  '  / . `, / | office: (303) 492-8136                |     / ` \  ,.
    ,/   /  ,      '  | email: bernard@cs.colorado.edu        | /        ''  \