[comp.protocols.appletalk] bbn macdumper and the MPP driver

ellis@kauri.vuw.ac.nz (Brian Ellis) (05/10/91)

We're experimenting with BBN's Macdumper program. I've got the UNIX end
of things compiled and ready-to-go. The Mac in question
is running system 6.0.7, the Dumper RDEV is dated 20 Jan 1988. When the
Mac is rebooted, the message "DUMPER   MPP driver not found" is produced.
Investigation using MacBugs demonstrates that the MPP driver is indeed loaded
and available. Whats going on here folks?

My theory is that there exists some problem with the interaction between a
(relatively) old RDEV and System 6.0.7.

So... is there a more recent release of the MacDumper software? - or is there
another fix. (Other than going back to system < 6.)

--
Brian Ellis                               Computing Services Centre
Domain: ellis@rata.vuw.ac.nz              Victoria University of Wellington

resnick@cogsci.uiuc.edu (Pete Resnick) (05/10/91)

ellis@kauri.vuw.ac.nz (Brian Ellis) writes:

>So... is there a more recent release of the MacDumper software? - or is there
>another fix. (Other than going back to system < 6.)

I have version 3.1 which is dated January 1989 (the actual creation date
is Feb 7, 1989) and it works fine with 6.0.7. I think I got it from
Rutgers, but it may have been Berkeley.

pr
--
Pete Resnick             (...so what is a mojo, and why would one be rising?)
Graduate assistant - Philosophy Department, Gregory Hall, UIUC