[comp.protocols.appletalk] CAP<->NFS Question

kdb@intercon.com (Kurt Baumann) (05/11/91)

In article <Added.wc9yHZC00UkTM4sE9T@andrew.cmu.edu>,
Chris_McNeil@MACSMTP.CSD.UNB.CA (Chris McNeil) writes:

> If I run CAP on my SUN 470 server can I make an NFS mounted volume appear as
an
> appleshare volume. ( ie We have NFS running on an IBM 3090
> that we want to do backups to. If I mount this volume on my SUN , can I than
> make it available as an appleshare volume)
>
> Chris McNeil
> cjm@unb.ca

Yes you can.  But you won't be able to do locking with it.  Since they don't
talk to one another as it were.

Kurt

PS  Course you could just put NFS on your Macs :-)

Kurt Baumann                  703.709.9890
InterCon Systems Corp.   Creators of fine TCP/IP products for
                                       the Macintosh