[comp.protocols.appletalk] for: Kurt Baumann

Chris_McNeil@MACSMTP.CSD.UNB.CA (Chris McNeil) (06/10/91)

Chris_McNeil@MACSMTP.CSD.UNB.CA (Chris McNeil) writes:
>> I posted a message about problems with using an NFS volume as a CAP volume.
The
>> problem is that my mac locks up when accessing the CAP volume.
>> Details - NFS mounted volume ( IBM3090 MVS running MVS NFS) (Don't ask)
>> CAP Server- SUN Sparc Server 470 running Sun OS 4.1

>Correct me if I am wrong.  But doesn't the spec for NFS say that you >cannot
readvertise/mount a mounted NFS volume?  Or does CAP just not >care if the
volume that it is advertising is a remote volume?

>What you ought to do is just purchase someones NFS client for the Mac.  >Then
you could just mount the NFS volume directly off of the IBM.

>(See Wollogong, or InterCon for clients)

>Kurt Baumann                  703.709.9890
>InterCon Systems Corp.   Creators of fine TCP/IP products for
                                       the Macintosh

Kurt on point 1 CAP doesn't care if its an NFS mounted volume.
On point 2 I have both NFS clients you mention. Neither one works with NFS for
MVS. If your interested in knowing why let me know and I'll give you the
details.

Chris McNeil
University of New Brunswick
cjm@unb.ca