[comp.protocols.appletalk] SUMMARY: problem with CAP6.0 -- bogus node

jude@nas.nasa.gov (Jude A. George) (06/12/91)

In article <1991Jun9.064542.1102@nas.nasa.gov> I wrote:
>I am having a rather bizarre problem with CAP.  No matter what machine I run
>it on, the server programs always think they are on node 57.  I've compiled
>the software on two Sun 4's and one SGI Iris, alternately using IPTalk and
>"native" Ethertalk (the latter only on the Suns).  I get identical results
>each time.  None of the machines have 57 as the last byte of their IP address.

It turns out that another CAP atis server on the network was giving out
bogus information about this node.  David Hornsby provided me with the
solution.  I edited and reloaded its database to remove the entry for
node 57, and then started up my own atis server.

Thanks to all who responded!

Jude George
NAS Network Development