[comp.ai.digest] Administrivia - BITNET Distribution

shneider@cui.UUCP.UUCP (05/12/87)

Newsgroups: mod.ai

HI,

Lot's of people in Switzerland (and elsewhere too I guess) have access
to both BITNET and usenet, sometimes on two different machines, e.g. there
is very often a VMS/BITNET and a UNIX/usenet VAX around.

... so maybe you could ask all these people to use rn (i.e. the newsgroup
system) on unix and tell them that this way they save a lot of space
for *themselves*. A lot of people (even on unix) just don't know about mod.ai !

-Daniel

Daniel K.Schneider
ISSCO, University of Geneva, 54 route des Acacias, 1227 Carouge (Switzerland)
Tel. (..41) (22) 20 93 33 ext. 2114
          to VMS/BITNET:                    to UNIX/EAN (preferable):
BITNET:   SCHNEIDER@CGEUGE51                shneider%cui.unige.chunet@CERNVAX
ARPA:     SCHNEIDER%CGEUGE51.BITNET@WISCVM  shneider@cui.unige.CHUNET
                                        or: shneider%cui.unige.chunet@ubc.csnet
uucp:                                       mcvax!cernvax!cui!shneider

  [I've held this message a lot longer than I should have, partly
  because I don't really understand what goes on on the other
  side of the gateways.  I'm not sure, for instance, whether
  mod.ai is still mod.ai since the recent name reorganization.
  Anyway, there is a moderated newsgroup and an unmoderated one
  (comp.ai, formerly net.ai); together they provide all that is
  in the Arpanet AIList digests plus occasionally a little bit
  more that I choose not to pass along.  You can certainly cut
  mailer costs if you drop direct digest delivery in favor of the
  Usenet newsgroup distribution.  For those of you with access to
  BITNET, redistribution via the FINHUTC LISTSERV utility should
  also be prefered to direct distribution.  (FINHUTC seems to be
  the only such LISTSERV at the moment; I'm told that other
  LISTSERVs will pass AIList signups on to that host.)  -- KIL]