[comp.ai.digest] Humor - Artificial Life: actually artificial stupidity

eugene@AMES-PIONEER.ARPA (Eugene Miya N.) (05/28/87)

In article <23@aimmi.UUCP> Gilbert Cockton writes:

>Nah - that's not all the way. We also need
>
>   3. Artificial reasoning.
>
>This is when people who nothing about epistemology (philosophical and
>anthropological/sociologial aspects) or psychology lock themselves away on
>an AI project and make things up about how people reason. I may be
>oldfashioned, but I do miss empirical substance and conceptual coherence
>:-) :-):-) :-) :-):-) :-) :-):-) :-) :-):-) :-) :-):-) :-) :-):-) :-) :-):-)

Permit me to add what I mentioned to John Pierce when he was a Chief
Engineer over me:

    4. Artificial stupidity

And I got the comment about there being enough natural stupidity in the
world.

From the Rock of Ages Home for Retired Hackers:

--eugene miya
  NASA Ames Research Center
  eugene@ames-aurora.ARPA
  "Send mail, avoid follow-ups.  If enough, I'll summarize."
  {hplabs,hao,ihnp4,decwrl,allegra,tektronix,menlo70}!ames!aurora!eugene