[comp.ai.digest] Reviews of Dreyfus & Dreyfus?

WAnderson.wbst@XEROX.COM (08/05/87)

I am looking for reviews of the Dreyfus & Dreyfus book "Mind Over
Machines."   Any and all references appreciated.  Thanks,

Bill Anderson
<WAnderson.wbst@Xerox.COM>

  [There was, of course, the preview by the brothers Dreyfus themselves
  in the January 1986 Technology Review; that has been discussed at
  length in AIList.  Another review by Theodore Roszak appeared in
  the April 3, 1986, New Scientist, pp. 46-47.  Roszak doesn't add much
  personal perspective, but views the book favorably: "AI's record of
  barefaced public deception is unparalleled in the annals of academic
  study."  -- KIL]

ronse@prlb2.UUCP (Christian Ronse) (08/10/87)

In article <870805-062024-4511@Xerox>, WAnderson.wbst@XEROX.COM writes:
> I am looking for reviews of the Dreyfus & Dreyfus book "Mind Over
> Machines."   Any and all references appreciated.  Thanks,
>
> Bill Anderson

Review by Timothy D. Koschmann in the V33#1 (Sep.87) issue of ``Artificial
Intelligence'', pp. 135--140. The exact title of the book is: ``Mind over
Machine: The Power of Human Intuition and Expertise in the Era of the
Computer''.

-----
		Time is Mona Lisa

--
Christian Ronse		maldoror@prlb2.UUCP
{uunet|philabs|mcvax|...}!prlb2!{maldoror|ronse}