[comp.ai.digest] Engineer/Scientist Expert System info

brower%sef.DECnet@NWC-143B.ARPA ("SEF::BROWER") (10/14/87)

	We are looking into the possibility of creating an expert system to
capture the expertise of engineers/scientists and would appreciate any
information anyone has on existing systems of this nature or systems being
developed of this nature.

My address is: Brower@NWC-143B.ARPA until 19 Oct. 87.

After Oct. 19 my address changes to: Brower@NWC.ARPA.

	Thank you in advance. Roger Brower
------

may@erc3bb.UUCP (M.A.Yousry) (10/16/87)

In article <8710150650.AA02610@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU>,
brower%sef.DECnet@NWC-143B.ARPA.UUCP writes:

> 	We are looking into the possibility of creating an expert system to
> capture the expertise of engineers/scientists and would appreciate any
> information anyone has on existing systems of this nature or systems being
> developed of this nature.

 We are working on an expert system to find root causes of fault
 in a manufacturing process.  We are using a statistical system to
 filter the observations coming from the process, such as defects, or
 analog measurments..then a rule based system is triggered by the statistical
 output, uses the engineering knowledge and expertise to find root
 causes of faults in the process.

 Bob Parry ihnp4!erc780!bep
 Mona Yousry ihnp4!erc780!may