[comp.ai.digest] Exp. Sys. Benchmarking Query

LPRESS@VENERA.ISI.EDU (Laurence I. Press) (11/12/87)

Can anyone supply pointers to papers on benchmarking and performance
evaluation for expert system shells?

I have written a short program that generates stylized rule bases of
a specified length and have used it to generate comparative test cases
for PC Plus and M1.  I'd be happy to give anyone a copy and would like
to learn of other efforts to compare expert system shells.

Larry
-------

eric@aragorn.cm.deakin.OZ.AU.UUCP (11/20/87)

In article <563694555.0.LPRESS@VENERA.ISI.EDU> LPRESS@VENERA.ISI.EDU
(Laurence I. Press) writes:
>Can anyone supply pointers to papers on benchmarking and performance
>evaluation for expert system shells?
>
>I have written a short program that generates stylized rule bases of
>a specified length and have used it to generate comparative test cases
>for PC Plus and M1.  I'd be happy to give anyone a copy and would like
>to learn of other efforts to compare expert system shells.
>
>Larry
>-------

On evaluation of Expert System tools, see J.F. Gilmore, K. Pulaski
and C. Howard, A Comprehensive evaluation of expert system tools,
Applications of AI III, J.F. Gilmore, Editor, Proc. 635, p2-16.

(The above group has published a few papers on the evaluation of ES
and the above paper is only a recent one of many from them.)

Eric Tsui               >> CSNET:eric@aragorn.oz                         <<
Division of Comp./Maths.>> UUCP: seismo!munnari!aragorn.oz!eric          <<
Deakin University       >>       decvax!mulga!aragorn.oz!eric		 <<
Victoria 3217           >> ARPA: munnari!aragorn.oz!eric@seismo.arpa     <<
Australia               >>       decvax!mulga!aragorn.oz!eric@Berkeley   <<