[comp.ai.digest] request for refs on SWE for AI

LEWIS@cs.umass.EDU (02/07/88)

   I'm currently taking a seminar on Software Engineering and AI. It's supposed
to be balanced, but right now we've found many more papers on applying AI to
software engineering than we have on software engineering applied to AI.
Does anyone have some suggested papers on programming techniques,
language design, environments, methodology, etc. for AI or LISP?

Thanks,

David D. Lewis                         CSNET: lewis@cs.umass.edu
COINS Dept.                            BITNET: lewis@umass
University of Massachusetts, Amherst
Amherst, MA 01003

sme@ivax.doc.ic.ac.UK (Steve M Easterbrook) (02/16/88)

In article <8802080744.AA21399@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> LEWIS@cs.umass.EDU writes:
>   I'm currently taking a seminar on Software Engineering and AI. It's supposed
>to be balanced, but right now we've found many more papers on applying AI to
>software engineering than we have on software engineering applied to AI.
>Does anyone have some suggested papers on programming techniques,
>language design, environments, methodology, etc. for AI or LISP?

There aren't that many. One that was mentioned on this list recently is

R. J. K. Jacob and J. N. Froscher "Software Engineering for Rule-Based Systems"
1986 Proceedings, Fall Joint Computer Conference, Dallas Texas, p185-189

There are others by the same pair, but this was the easiest to get hold of.
I'd be interested in hearing about any more you turn up.

				Steve Easterbrook
				<sme@uk.ac.ic.doc>