[comp.ai.digest] request for information about POPLOG

aarons@cvaxa.sussex.ac.UK (Aaron Sloman) (03/25/88)

>From: uazchem!dolata@arizona.edu (Dolata)
>Subject: POPLOG availability in the US

>Can someone give me a pointer to the party who distributes POPLOG in the
>US?   Since my net connections are a bit rocky,  could you send me both
>email and US Snail mail addresses?? (Phone number?)

This news item has not reached me direct. Someone forwarded it without
the Snail mail address. So I thought I should reply both direct and
via AI Digest.

POPLOG is developed by the School of Cognitive Sciences at Sussex
University, Brighton, England and distributed world wide by Systems
Designers. However we have an arrangement with Prof Robin Popplestone
at Univ. Amherst Mass to distribute it at a much reduced price to
academics in US and Canada.

He can also arrange for provision of evaluation licences, provide
demonstrations, etc. It is now possible to have ML in Poplog though it
is not yet part of the official release.

US Contact addresses for POPLOG:
For Academic enquiries/sales in USA and Canada

    Prof Robin Popplestone
    Dept. of Computer and Information Science
    Lederle Graduate Research Center
    University of Massachusetts
    Amherst, MA  01003, USA

Email pop@cs.umass.edu

or
    Prof Robin Popplestone
    Computable Functions Inc.,
    35 South Orchard Drive,
    Amherst, MA 01002, USA      Phone(413) 253-7637

For non-academic enquiries/sales
    Systems Designers International Inc
    Industrial Division
    New Castle Corporate Commons,
    55 Read's Way,
    New Castle,
    Delaware 19720, USA
    Phone (302) 323 1900  (800)888-9988

I hope that helps.
Aaron Sloman,
School of Cognitive Sciences, Univ of Sussex, Brighton, BN1 9QN, England
    ARPANET : aarons%uk.ac.sussex.cvaxa@nss.cs.ucl.ac.uk
              aarons%uk.ac.sussex.cvaxa%nss.cs.ucl.ac.uk@relay.cs.net
    BITNET:   aarons%uk.ac.sussex.cvaxa@uk.ac
As a last resort (it costs us more...)
    UUCP:     ...mcvax!ukc!cvaxa!aarons
Phone:  University +(44)-(0)273-678294  (Direct line. Diverts to secretary)