[comp.ai.digest] Request for Reference on Auto User Interface Pgm

TAYLOR%PLU@ames-io.ARPA (03/08/88)

Sometime during the summer of 1987, there was a seminar given at either
Stanford or SRI by someone maybe named Jack London concerning his
PhD thesis on the subject of automatic generation of user interface
specifications and/or code based on the specifications/contents of
a given data base. Obviously this is vague - it is second hand
information. Can someone give me an accurate reference to the
work presented in the seminar?

Thanks alot - Will Taylor   taylor%plu@io.arc.nasa.gov

gilbert@hci.hw.ac.UK (Gilbert Cockton) (03/30/88)

In article <8803100728.AA07906@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> TAYLOR%PLU@ames-io.ARPA
writes:
>Sometime during the summer of 1987, there was a seminar given at either
>Stanford or SRI by someone maybe named Jack London concerning his
>PhD thesis on the subject of automatic generation of user interface
>specifications and/or code based on the specifications/contents of
>a given data base. Obviously this is vague - it is second hand
>information. Can someone give me an accurate reference to the
>work presented in the seminar?

Sounds like Ralph London from Tektronix.  See London and Duisberg in
ACM Trans on Graphics 1986. Sorry no more details, moving office and
can't reach for the paper.
--
Gilbert Cockton, Scottish HCI Centre, Heriot-Watt University, Chambers St.,
Edinburgh, EH1 1HX.  JANET:  gilbert@uk.ac.hw.hci