[comp.ai.digest] ai languages on unix wanted

AIList-REQUEST@AI.AI.MIT.EDU (AIList Moderator Nick Papadakis) (05/25/88)

From: <kroddis@ATHENA.MIT.EDU>
To: ailist@ai.ai.mit.edu
Subject: ai languages on unix wanted
Date: Mon, 16 May 88 11:38:07 EDT

Gabe Nault asked about PROLOGs that run on UNIX. Quintus PROLOG
(Marketing Department, Quintus Computer Systems, 1310 Villa St,
Mountain View, CA 94041, 415/965-7700) runs under UNIX on Sun, Apollo,
Vax and probably more. Given the comment about the $2000 fee for STAR,
I suspect Quintus will be beyond Gabe's budget. How about C Prolog?
This is by Fernando Pereira who I think is at the AI Center, SRI
International, 333 Ravenswood Ave, Menlo Park, CA 94025,
PEREIRA@SRI-AI. I have used C Prolog on Athena at MIT (UNIX on DEC and
IBM equipment) and not had any difficulties.

|                                     Kim Roddis                             |
|                                     Rm 5-332A                              |
|                                     Civil Engineering Dept.                |
|                                     MIT                                    |
|                                     Cambridge, MA 02139                    |
|                            kroddis@athena.mit.edu (INTERNET)               |