[comp.ai.digest] expert system building tools

AIList-REQUEST@AI.AI.MIT.EDU (AIList Moderator Nick Papadakis) (05/25/88)

Date: 20 May 88 09:20:36 GMT
From: mcvax!ukc!its63b!aiva!kk@uunet.uu.net  (Kathleen King)
Subject: expert system building tools
Sender: ailist-request@ai.ai.mit.edu
To: ailist@ai.ai.mit.edu

I'm trying to find out what folk think of various expert system building
tools they have experience with. If there's enough interest I'll post
the results to the net. Ta.

Do you now or have you ever used any of the following tools?

Acquaint (A.K.A 'Daisy')
APES
Arity Expert System Development Package
ART
Auto-Intelligence
Crystal
DUCK
ENVISAGE and SAGE
ES Environment
ESP advisor
ESP Frame Engine
EST(Expert Systems Toolkit)
Experkit
ExperOps
Expert Controller
Expert Ease/Super Expert
Expert Edge
Exsys
Ex-Tran 7
1st Class
1st Class Fusion
Flops
GEST (Generic Expert System Tool)
GOLDWORKS
GURU
G2
HUMBLE
Insight 2+
Intelligence/Compiler
KDS 3
KEATS (Knowledge Engineer's Assistant)
KEE
KES (Knowledge Engineering System)
Keystone
Knowledge Craft
Knowledge Workbench
Knowol
Leonardo
Lisp In-Ate/Micro In-Ate
LOOPS
M1
MacKIT
MicroExpert
Muse
Nexpert/Nexpert Object
Nexus
OPS5
OPS83
Personal Consultant Easy
Personal Consultant Plus
PICON
RuleMaster 2
Savoir
Super Expert
S1
TIMM
TOPSI
TWAICE
VP Expert
Wisdom XS
Xi Plus
XPER
XSYS

If so I'd greatly appreciate hearing your answers to the following questions.

1) How long did it take to learn?
2) Did you teach yourself or get 'learning support'?
3) Do you still use it?
4) Would you choose it again or something else?
5) What sort of application have you used it for?
6) Have you used it for more than one application?

I realise that many PC users who might have these tools do not have access to
the net. Second hand information from them is just as valuable.
Thanks verrrry much.