[comp.ai.digest] AIList V6 #98 - Philosophy

NICK@AI.AI.MIT.EDU (Nick Papadakis) (05/27/88)

Date: Tue, 10 May 88 14:56 EDT
From: hayes.pa@Xerox.COM
Subject: Re: AIList V6 #98 - Philosophy
To: AIList@SRI.COM

Nancyk has made a valuable contribution to the debate about logic and AI,
raising the discussion to a new level.  Of course, once one sees that to believe
that ( for example )  if P and Q are both true, then P&Q is true, is merely an
arifact of concealed organismal Anthropology, a relic of bougeois ideology,  the
whole matter becomes much clearer.  We who have thought that psychology might be
relevant to AI have missed the point: of course, political science -
specifically, Marxist political science - is the key to making progress.  Let us
all properly understand the difference between the Organismus-Umwelt
Zusammenhang  and the Mensch-Umwelt Zusammenhang,  and let our science take
sides with the working people,  and we will be in a wholly new area.  And I
expect Gilbert will be happier.  Thanks, Nancy.

Pat Hayes