[comp.ai.digest] Visiting position in NL at Toronto

gh@aipna.edinburgh.ac.UK (Graeme Hirst) (06/30/88)

From: Graeme Hirst <gh%aipna.edinburgh.ac.uk@NSS.CS.UCL.AC.UK>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 88 10:04 EDT
To: ailist <@NSS.CS.UCL.AC.UK,@RELAY.CS.NET:ailist@mc.lcs.mit.edu>
Subject: Visiting position in NL at Toronto

VISITING POSITION IN NATURAL LANGUAGE UNDERSTANDING

UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO
ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE GROUP
(DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE)

A one-year visiting position, for a post-doc or more senior person,
is available in the University of Toronto A.I. group, in the area of
natural language understanding and computational linguistics.

The visitor would carry a 50% teaching load (one half-course per
semester), supervise MSc theses, and participate in the research
group's activities.  The position is to commence asap.

The Toronto A.I. group includes 6.5 faculty, 2 research scientists,
and approximately 40 graduate students.  The natural language
subgroup includes one faculty member (Graeme Hirst) and about ten
graduate students.

For more information, contact Graeme Hirst, preferably by e-mail:

   In North America:	gh@ai.toronto.edu
   In U.K./Europe:	gh@uk.ac.ed.aipna

   Phone (in U.K. until 18 July):   031 225 7774 x.225
	 (in Canada from 19 July):  416-978-8747

   Write:     Graeme Hirst
	      Dept Computer Science
	      University of Toronto