[comp.ai.digest] Spiegelhalter's causal graph's

hans@duttnphg.UUCP (Hans Buurman) (07/12/88)

Date: Mon, 4 Jul 88 11:42 EDT
From: Hans Buurman <mcvax!dutrun!duttnphg!hans@uunet.UU.NET>
To: AIList-REQUEST@ai.ai.mit.edu
Subject: Spiegelhalter's causal graph's

I'm interested in using a causal model as described in:

Spiegelhalter, D.J., "Probabilistic Reasoning in Predictive Ex-
     pert Systems," in: Uncertainty in Artificial Intelligence,
     ed. L.N. Kanal, J.F. Lemmer, pp. 47-67, North-Holland, Am-
     sterdam, 1986.

Spiegelhalter represents his model in a graph to which he applies
probabilistic theory under a Markov assumption. Could anybody give
me pointers in literature to applications or criticism of this
model ? I've seen some work by Pearl but I wonder how much there
is. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

    Hans Buurman
    Pattern Recognition Group
    Faculty of Applied Physics