[comp.ai.digest] LISP implementations

drl@backup (David R. Linn) (07/12/88)

Date: Fri, 8 Jul 88 22:19 EDT
From: David R. Linn <drl@backup>
To: ailist@ai.ai.mit.edu
Subject: LISP implementations

Does anyone have any experience with a LISP implementation that does
not rely on an interpreter? I know of none such but before I state (in
my master's thesis) or even imply that LISP is *always* implemented with
an interpreter, I thought I'd solicit confirmation (or counterexample)
from the readers of AILIST(/comp.ai?). Please reply directly to me as this
is not likely to be of interest to most of the readership; "if there is
evidence of sufficient interest, I will summarize to the list/newsgroup."

NB: my mailer is broken; reply to the address below - not to the address
in the header. (The postmaster is busy working on his master's thesis.)

David Linn - System Manager/Postmaster
Vanderbilt University School of Engineering
drl@vuse.vanderbilt.edu -or- ...!uunet!vuse!drl