[comp.ai.digest] does AI kill? by <stewart@sunybcs.bitnet>

DJAVI@TRBOUN (Ferhat DJAVIDAN) (07/26/88)

Date: Thu, 21 Jul 88 20:00 EDT
From: Ferhat DJAVIDAN <DJAVI@TRBOUN>
Subject:      Re: Re: does AI kill? by <stewart@sunybcs.bitnet>
To: AI-L@TAUNIVM

In article V8 #13 <stewart@sunybcs.bitnet> Norman R. Stewart "Jr"  writes:

>While I'm at it, the Iranians began attacking defenseless commercial
>ships in international waters, killing innocent crew members, and
>destroying non-military targets (and dumping how much crude oil into
>water?).  Criticizing the American Navy for coming to defend these
>ships is like saying that if I see someone getting raped or mugged
>I should ignore it if it is not happening in my own yard.
>
>The Iranians created the situation, let them live with it.
>

>Norman R. Stewart Jr.             *  How much more suffering is
>C.S. Grad - SUNYAB                *  caused by the thought of death
>internet: stewart@cs.buffalo.edu  *  than by death itself!
>bitnet:   stewart@sunybcs.bitnet  *                       Will Durant

I am very sorry that this is not the subject for AIlist.
We are not discussing the politics, economics or strategies of USA
in this list.
According to you (I mean NORMAN), USA sees herself as a body-guard
of the world and she has the power to kill. In some cases this is true.
But only a fanatic person may say
>The Iranians created the situation, let them live with it.
First of all this is wrong. Iraqi started the war, including the situation.
I think you heard wrong, correct yourself.
Also both tribes are still buying some of their guns from USA directly.
I don't want to say "killing innocent people is the job of USA".
Please don't push me to do this.
Humanity will never forget Vietnam, Cuba, Nikaragua, Palestine,...
and indirect results occured because of the guns made in U.S.A.

Please don't discuss anything except AI in this list, else God knows!?

P.S. Good (or bad for you) news for peace acception from Iran.

Ferhat DJAVIDAN
<djavi@trboun.bitnet>