[comp.ai.digest] Expert Systems in computer design/configuration/administration

PETERS@MSSTATE.BITNET (Frank W Peters) (08/01/88)

Date: Mon, 25 Jul 88 18:21 EDT
From: Frank W Peters <PETERS%MSSTATE.BITNET@MITVMA.MIT.EDU>
Subject:    Expert Systems in computer design/configuration/administration
To: AILIST@AI.AI.MIT.EDU

Hello,

     I am beginning research into expert systems being used in the
design of computers, cofigurations of systems (that is, tailoring
a system to a specific users needs) and system administration
(such as problem diagnosis, resource alocation scheme advice and
so on).

     I am seeking the following information:

    1)  Names and vendors of any such systems.
    2)  References to any articles or papers
        relevant to this topic.

    I would be gratefull for any assistance you can give me.  Please
email any info directly to me and I will summarize to the list if
interest warrents.

                      Thank You
                     Frank Peters

*     Frank Wayne Peters      *     Phone:  (601) 325-2942        *
*     Electronic Address:     *      Snail Mail Address:          *
*    PETERS@MSSTATE.BITNET    *           Drawer CC               *
*                             *     Miss State, Ms. 39762         *
*  Disclaimers:                                                   *
*     I make it a point to speak only for myself.  If my boss     *
*     wants you to know what he thinks he'll tell you.            *
*                             ...it is a tale                     *
*     Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury                    *
*     Signifying nothing.                                         *
*                               - Bill Somebody-or-Another        *