[comp.ai.digest] Philosophy of mathematics references

steve@HUBCAP.CLEMSON.EDU (08/28/88)

From: steve@hubcap.clemson.edu
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 88 08:22 EDT
To: comp-ai-digest@gatech.gatech.edu
Responding-System: hubcap.UUCP
From: "\"Steve\" Stevenson" <steve@hubcap.UUCP>
Newsgroups: comp.ai.digest,comp.theory,sci.math,sci.logic,sci.philosophy.meta,sci.philosophy.tech,sci.physics
Subject: Philosophy of mathematics references
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 88 08:22 EDT

I am trying to prepare an article which relates computer science's use of
logic with the ground rules set down for mathematics by both the
philosophers and logicians.  I would like to know your favorite references
to this topic.

Other topics of interest would be ``nonstandard'' systems and their rules
(e.g., stochastic, quantum) or viewpoints (e.g., connectionist).

Please send direct as I do not monitor many of the groups this request seems
appropriate for.

I will summarize and post.  Thanks.
--
Steve (really "D. E.") Stevenson           steve@hubcap.clemson.edu
Department of Computer Science,            (803)656-5880.mabell